Help with Household Expenses, Bills and Utilities

Rent Assistance

What it is: Regular extra payment if you pay rent.

Eligibility: You must be receiving certain payments from Centrelink.

Essential Medical Equipment Payment

What it is: A payment to help with energy costs to run medical equipment, medically required heating or cooling.

Eligibility: People who need heating, cooling or certain equipment for their medical needs, or the needs of the person they care for. The person claiming the payment, or the person they care for, must have a Commonwealth Concession Card and pay the running costs of the equipment. A medical certificate is required. Some of the eligible equipment includes a parenteral or enteral feeding device, oxygen concentrators, nebulisers (used daily), and positive airways pressure devices.